Location: 2038 W State Hwy 86, Lampe, Missouri
Driving directions: go south on State Hwy 13 through Kimberling City & across the Kimberling City Bridge. Turn west (right) on Highway 86. Watch for the Dogwood Canyon entrance sign on the left.
A 2,200-acre paradise sprawling across the Missouri/Arkansas border.
There are a lot of things you can do at the Nature Park:
- Walking – a 6 1/2 mile relatively level paved trail. Luckily you end up back where you started!
- Biking – walkers and bikers share the same trail. Bring your own bike or rent one at the park.
- Horseback riding (age 10 and up) & Jr. Horseback Riding (age 3-9) – one-hour rides for adults or 15-minute rides for small kids on trails not used by walkers & bikers. Offered March through November; be sure to make a reservation!
- Segway tours – a super-cool way to experience the Nature Park! This is a round-trip tour on beautiful trails to the Glory Hole, a blue-green pool where big trout reside.
- Trout fishing – choose from Self-Guided Catch & Release, Self-Guided Catch & Keep, Half-day Guided Trout Fishing, Fly Casting Clinic, 2-day Fly Fishing School. Tackle and rod rental is available.
- Tram tours – a 2-hour Wildlife Tour in open-air trams with experienced guides; be sure to make a reservation! There's also Private Guided Jeep Tours.
- Outdoor Cafe – forgot to pack a lunch? They've got you covered!
- Gift shop – from toys, books & clothing to snacks, drinks & film. Lots of nature-themed goodies.
- Rustic Log Cabin rental – there's nothing like relaxing in a truly natural setting while still having all the conveniences of home, like a well-equipped kitchen, wood-burning fireplace, sofa sleeper, satellite TV and VCR/DVD, gas grill and outdoor furnishings. Choose from 1, 2 or 3 bedroom cabins. It's free to use the walking & biking trails during your stay, and you get a 10% discount on all the other activities.
- Weddings at the Hope Wilderness Chapel – say "I Do" in the scenic beauty of Dogwood Canyon. Click here for more details on wedding packages, reception packages, guidelines, Officiant info, reservations & catering menu.
Things you should know:
- Not allowed: Pets, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters and alcohol
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Advance reservations are recommended for all activities except walking and biking
- the hours of operation vary seasonally
- the park is accessible to those with disabilities