Location: 3950 Green Mountain Drive (the former location of the Roy Rogers-Dale Evans Museum & Happy Trails Theater, across from where the Celebration City Amusement Park used to be)
Open date: Thursday, July 1, 2010
Now featuring the Princess Diana Exhibit – Diana, The People's Princess. This exhibit is scheduled to be on display through December 2010, with an option to possibly stay longer.
This is a self-guided tour through the exhibit in the 26,000-square-foot Branson Exhibition Center:
- begin with a 15-minute video in the 300-seat theater
- see an impressive collection of Diana's own dresses and gowns
- hundreds of artifacts (about 1200 items) & images relating to Diana's life. This is one of the world's largest collections of Diana-related pieces. Look for the actual piece of wedding cake from the Charles & Diana wedding (it's fruitcake, so you know what that means...it'll last forever!)
Different areas of the exhibit relate to a different time in Diana's life, with state-of-the-art videos throughout:
- The Grand Entrance
- Diana's Childhood Home
- The Royal Engagement and Wedding
- Diana, The Princess of Wales
- Diana's Role as "Mum" to William and Harry
- The Princess of Style
- Humanitarian Work and Building a Legacy
Allow yourself 1 to 1 1/2 hours to go through the display, depending on how much time you spend at each zone.
Diana, the People's Princess was recently on display at Walt Disney World.
Branson Exhibition Center hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. (last entry at 8 p.m.)
- Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. (last entry at 9 p.m.)
- Sunday: 12 noon – 6 p.m. (last entry at 5 p.m.)