Located at College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Missouri; only 2 miles south of Branson
Physical address: 100 Opportunity Avenue, Hollister, MO 65672
The Ralph Foster Museum is dedicated to the history of the Ozarks. The museum is named in honor of the late Ralph D. Foster (radio pioneer and philanthropist).
Great news! Admission is FREE to everyone age 18 and under. Plus, look for the FREE hands-on Children's Discovery Room (1st floor) for ages 4-9 only.
The museum houses thousands of objects representing:
- numismatics (coins, paper currency and medals)
- natural history
- fine arts
Interesting to see:
- the original Beverly Hillbillies car
- Music Hall of Fame
- Rose O'Neill's Kewpie Doll Collection
- one of the largest gun collections in the country
- a Rolls Royce motor car
- the Star School, a turn-of-the-century one-room schoolhouse located just north of the museum
- the Gift Shop
Ralph Foster Museum Hours:
- 9:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Saturday
- The FREE hands-on Children's Discovery Room for ages 4-9 is open Mon-Fri
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed mid-December through January
- Make sure you take cash or checks. The museum does not accept credit cards.
In April 2012, the Ralph Foster Museum was the winner of the Best Museum in Missouri category of the Rural Missouri magazine's 11th Annual Best of Rural Missouri Readers' Choice Contest. Readers voted for their favorite places throughout the state. Read more here in BransonWorld's Headlines section.