Located at 399 Indian Point Road, Branson, Missouri
Celebrating 52 years in 2012! The Herschend Family opened Silver Dollar City on May 1, 1960.
This season is a huge celebration of new attractions, new shows and new experiences at all of the Herschend Family properties in Branson – Silver Dollar City, Showboat Branson Belle & White Water. This season promises to be SDC's biggest Festival and Show year ever! You'll want to experience all that's new in 2012, especially since 2011 was the park's biggest expansion ever.
One of America's most popular vacation destinations, the 1880's-theme Silver Dollar City amusement park in 2012 is bigger than ever, with thrilling rides, musical shows, guest stars, 60 unique shops and big special events throughout the season.
Here are some of the fantastic NEW additions to SDC in recent years:
- Half Dollar Holler (new at Silver Dollar City in 2011) is the million-dollar play area for kids
- Tom & Huck's RiverBlast (debuting in the Spring of 2010) is the popular $7 million ride that's America's Biggest Water Battle with a super-soaking water raft ride themed around the adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. Raft riders navigate the Mighty White River armed with water soakers – where the battle ensues raft-to-raft and raft-to-shore. Sharp shooters are also ashore to shoot more streams of water at passing rafts. Think you'll get wet? You bet!
- GIANT Swing (a new ride in 2007) seats riders back-to-back on two giant pendulum arms and sends them swooping through the barn doors at 45 mph and immediately soaring 7 stories into the air, flying a full 250 degrees back and forth. It's a fantastic flying voyage into the Ozarks skies.
Other rides include Wildfire, a high-flying, multi-looping roller coaster that reaches speeds up to 66 miles per hour; PowderKeg, an explosive coaster that blows riders with compressed air from 0 to 53 mph in 2.8 seconds and reaches 64 mph with spiraling turns and negative g-force "floater" hills; the Grand Exposition with its 10 family rides to send folks flying, spinning and even hopping; and many, many others, including big, cooling, wet rides for the summer months.
Silver Dollar City offers BIG festivals and events in 2012! Choose from:
- Family Spring Break Days – March 15 - 25, 2012
- Young Christians Weekend – March 30 - April 1, 2012
- Easter Weekend – April 5 - 7, 2012
- World-Fest – April 12 - May 6, 2012
- Bluegrass & BBQ – May 10 - June 3, 2012
- National KidsFest – June 9 - July 22, 2012
- Independence Day Celebration – July 4, 2012
- Moonlight Madness – July 21 - August 5, 2012
- Southern Gospel Picnic – August 25 - September 3, 2012
- Country Music Weekend – September 8 - 9, 2012
- National Harvest Festival – September 13 - October 27, 2012
- An Old Time Christmas – November 3 - December 30, 2012
Silver Dollar City Specal Offers:
- The solution to long lines...the Trailblazer Pass (introduced in 2009). It's a pass you can purchase for $27.50 (tax incl.) that lets you go to the FRONT of the line for up to 8 of your favorite rides...or to the front of the line of your favorite ride up to 8 times! Choose from RiverBlast, PowderKeg, WildFire, The Giant Swing, Thunderation, Fire-In-The-Hole, The Lost River and the American Plunge. The TrailBlazer Pass is available from March 15 through December 30, 2012. Purchase the pass at the Show Lover's Booth as you enter the park (across from Eva & Delilah's Bakery). A limited number of passes will be sold each day on a first-come/first-served basis.
- NEW - Trailblazer Super Pass allows you UNLIMITED rides all day long aboard any of the attractions listed above for just $52.50 (tax included). Only 10 unlimited ride passes will be issued per day.
- Arrive at the part after 3:00 pm, and the next day is FREE – only from March 15 - October 27, 2012
- Purchase a Silver Dollar City Season Pass. The cost is less than the cost of 2 one-day tickets and offers unlimited visits!
- Silver Dollar City (and White Water) offers retired and active military and disabled veterans a 2-day ticket for the price of a 1-day ticket at each park's front gate (details here)
- Show Lover's Pass – for $10.23 (plus tax) per person, per show, you can arrive at the theater just as the curtain is about to go up, and you are guaranteed the best seats in the house, front and center.
- NEW - Family Package Show Lover's Pass allows you to purchase 4 Show Lover's Passes for $27.91 (plus tax) or 6 Show Lover's Passes for $41.87 (plus tax). Offer ONLY available at the Show Lover's Booth. (details here)
Family Spring Break Days, March 15-25, 2012:
It's the season opener at Silver Dollar City. Put some spring in your family's step! Silver Dollar City's Family Spring Break Days are March 15-25, 2012 (open Thursdays-Sundays; 9:30 am - 6:00 pm). You can bet on thrilling rides, unique shops, tasty restaurants and select performances throughout the park. You can play in the ALL-NEW million-dollar kids play area Half Dollar Holler with the new hand-carved carousel & Tom & Huck's RiverBlast! There is special entertainment during Family Spring Break Days:
- harmonizing sisters Pure Heart (gospel and country)
- songs from the range with The Sons of the Silver Dollar
- Doc Gizmo Science Theater – exciting and educational demonstrations
Young Christians Weekend, March 30 - April 1, 2012:
There's plenty in-store for the thousands of Christian youth who come from across the nation for this huge event – concerts, messages to feed the soul and awesome worship services, plus, of course, play all day on more than 30 rides and attractions at SDC!
Enjoy a weekend of thrilling rides, unique shops, tasty restaurants and power-packed performances throughout the park. Experience Tom & Huck's RiverBlast & the NEW Half Doller Holler, a huge play area for kids featuring treetop fun houses, climbing nets, sand tables, and back by popular demand, Silver Dollar City's Carousel! Special entertainment during Young Christians' Weekend includes:
Young Christian Weekend Workshops include various topics from these speakers:
- Joe White - from Kanakuk Kamp
- Geoff Todd
- Jason Lowery
- Ashley Robbins
- Shay Robbins
- Keith Chancey
- Don Ford
- Tina Marie
World-Fest, April 12 - May 6, 2012:
World-Fest marks the official opening of Silver Dollar City's regular season on April 12, 2012. It's America's largest international festival, presenting incredible entertainment from around the globe. Performers from six continents present new and unique shows and productions – never before presented in the United States. Open Wednesdays through Sundays. Festival highlights include:
- NEW! La Bella Musica in Red Gold Heritage Hall showcases tenor Aaron Caruso, who recently sold out at Carnegie Hall. The show also features soprano Melanie Goerlitz and World Accordian Champion, Cory Pesaturo.
- NEW! Viva Italia in Red Gold's Courtyard. There's acrobatic flag throwers, living vines and statues, stilt walkers and a colorful costume parade.
- NEW! The Mariachi Divas, a Grammy Award-winning all-female music ensemble with members from Mexico, Cuba, Samoa, Argentina, Colombia, Honduras and more.
- NEW! Hawaiian Country Music Show starring four-time Grammy winner George Kahumoku plus native dancers and musicians
- NEW! Peru's Yawar Chicchi Scissor Dancers, folk music and dance troupe
- NEW! Kenyan Sarakasi Acrobats, world-renowned acrobats from Nairobi, Kenya
- Returning favorites! Russian Academic Band - brass band music with Russian and American influences
- Returning favorites! Irish Eyes Are Smiling, starring Ireland's premier harpist Dearbhail Finnegan
- Returning favorites! Ecuador Manta - musicians from Ecuador presenting pan-flute melodies of the Andes
- Returning favorites! Slovenian Polka Party, with 3 bands creating a huge dance party (May 4-6 only)
- Returning favorites! Master Yodeler Kerry Christensen - Alpine and Western Yodeling Master
- Plus, International Foods are featured daily at Tastes of the World
Bluegrass & BBQ, May 10 - June 3, 2012:
Celebrating Americana at its best, Silver Dollar City's Bluegrass & BBQ festival highlights hundreds of award-winning bluegrass performances and a huge barbeque feast for the last 2 1/2 weeks of May. You won't want to miss a single performance of some of the best Bluegrass performers today. Open daily.
Impressive recognition: this festival was named Event of the Year by the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association), the world's largest organization of bluegrass music professionals.
Bluegrass headliners include:
- Rhonda Vincent & the Rage – Nine-time IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) Female Vocalist of the Year
- The Grascals – 2006 & 2007 IBMA Entertainers of the Year & 2011 SPBGMA (Society For The Preservation of Bluegrass Music) Instrumental Group of the Year
- Larry Stephenson – five-time SPBGMA Male Vocalist of the Year
- Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
- Kruger Brothers
- Many more! Including the Gibson Brothers, Balsam Range, Little Roy & Lizzy and Jerry Butler and the Blu-J's
- Click here for specific performance dates for each group during the festival
- National Bluegrass Competitions: 11th Annual KSMU Youth in Bluegrass Contest (May 26-27, 2012) & the 6th Annual National Single Mic Contest (May 19-20, 2012)
- The All-American Barbeque Feast in the House of BBQ (located in the Red Gold Heritage Hall) – huge outdoor grills turn out everything from ribs to smoked chicken with hundreds of sauces offering regional flavors like smoky chipotle, sweet hickory, Memphis dry rubs, Carolina vinegars, smoky Texas-style and sweet KC-style
- Reunion Hall's All-You-Can-Eat Rib Feast – from 3:00 pm till park closing during the Bluegrass & BBQ Festival. Reunion Hall is located on Main Street (next to Molly's Mill Restaurant) and is air-conditioned. Belly-up to the table for ribs, beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked chicken and a salad bar – and don't stop till you're stuffed!
- NEW! Visiting BBQ Connoisseurs, Richard's Hawgwild BBQ out of Aurora, Missouri and Dickey's Barbecue Pit, based in Texas. Yum!
National KidsFest, June 9 - July 22, 2012:
One of the nation's best celebrations for the kids – National Kids Fest – begins June 9 and runs through July 22, 2012. Kids Fest features Silver Dollar City's two dozen themed rides offering thrills for the whole family! There are high-speed roller coasters and mega-splashing water rides, and even an area with smaller rides for smaller kids. Don't forget about the Trailblazer Pass. It's a new pass you can purchase that lets you go to the FRONT of the line for up to 8 of your favorite rides, or to the front of the line of your favorite ride up to 8 times! Choose from the NEW RiverBlast, PowderKeg, WildFire, The Giant Swing, Thunderation, Fire-In-The-Hole, Lost River and the American Plunge. Open Daily. Festival highlights include:
- NEW! LUMA – an en-LIGHT-ening production using high-tech lighting techniques PLUS gymnastics, juggling, puppetry and dance for a truly innovative entertainment experience. Performances are in the Red Gold Heritage Hall, June 9 - July 22, 2012 (Friday - Wednesday 11:30, 2:00 & 4:00 pm)
- NEW! Gazillion Bubbles – an interactive show featuring bubbles like you've never seen before, with lasers, special lighting effects and incredible bubble masterpieces created before your eyes! Shows are in the Riverfront Playhouse, June 9 - July 22, 2012 (Tuesday - Sunday, 11:00, 2:30 & 4:30)
- NEW! Independence Day Celebration – July 4th – Silver Dollar City will be open until 10:00 pm! The day starts with a special opening ceremony and morning salute to veterans, an old-fashioned ice cream social, AND ends with FIREWORKS!
- Back by popular demand! The Legendary Fabulous Wallendas, Guinness World Record High Wire-Walkers & winners of the coveted international Silver Clown Award. The Fabulous Wallenda Family Circus performs in the Opera House June 9 - August 4, 2012 (Monday - Saturday at 11:15, 1:30 & 3:30. No shows on Sundays or Friday, June 15)
- The $7 million ride adventure Tom & Huck's RiverBlast (new in 2010), the super-soaking, super-fun water raft ride
- Back by popular demand! Meet-and-greet's with favorite characters like SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora The Explorer, Scooby Doo, The Backyardigans, Tom and Jerry and more
- Character Breakfasts – have breakfast with some of your favorite cartoon character friends. It's buffet-style in the Reunion Hall. Click here for specific character schedule. (Park admission required. Season Pass Holders receive 10% off breakfast price)
- Championship Cloggers – some of the nation's most talented dancers present a high-energy show on SDC's Gazebo Stage. Click here for specific schedule of the groups performing (June 9 - August 4, Monday - Saturday, and Sunday, June 10 weather permitting)
- Webkinz Road Trip behind the Frisco Barn, June 28, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm – Be part of the Webkinz Summer Adventure! Meet the Webkinz Road Trip team and visit Webkinz World in the real world. Sing along to Kinz Karaoke, spin the Wheel of Wow, play fun games, enter cool contests and win awesome Webkinz prizes. Plus, get a FREE Virtual Webkinz Van Feature Code for your account.
- Moonlight Madness – for nighttime fun at Silver Dollar City from July 21 through August 5, 2012. During Moonlight Madness, rides will be open till 10:00 pm!
- Half Dollar Holler, a new million-dollar play area for kids, with treetop fun houses and climbing nets, box crawls and slides, mini-wave swings and Silver Dollar City's hand-carved Carousel with whimsical woodland creatures to ride
- The Grand Exposition – a 2-acre area featuring 10 family rides and games of skill
- Of course, the 30 themed and fantastically fun rides like PowderKeg, American Plunge, the GIANT Swing and the Silver Dollar City Steam Train
Believe it or not, Silver Dollar City in 2012 features more than 40 live shows per day. You can hear everything from Cajun music to traditional bluegrass and country to the shows at the Silver Dollar City Saloon and strolling street musicians.
Moonlight Madness, July 21 through August 5, 2012:
This popular event is back in 2012! The park and rides are open till 10:00 pm for summer night thrills. Open Daily. Festival highlights include:
- Extended time on over 30 rides and attractions
- Nightly Street Dances on the Square
- The 5th season for Moonlight Madness
- Bring your friends with you!
Southern Gospel Picnic, August 25 - September 3, 2012:
Silver Dollar City hosts the Southern Gospel Picnic and Southern Gospel Nights, featuring some of America's leading gospel artists. Come to the park for the most acclaimed names in Southern Gospel music and a picnic feast of Chicken & Fixin's. Open daily. The festival features top groups from contemporary artists to traditional performing in the Red Gold Heritage Hall, including:
- Dove Award winners Jeff & Sheri Easter and The Isaacs
- Karen Peck & New River – 2011 Grammy nominees & 2012 Dove Award Country Song of the Year "Good Things Are Happening" & Southern Gospel Album of the Year "Reach Out"
- The Booth Brothers – Singing News 2010 & 2011 Fan Award stars and winners of Tenor of the Year, Lead Vocalist, Trio of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Favorite Artists; 2011 Dove Award nominee
- The Collingsworth Family – Singing News 2010 Fan Award Artists of the Year for Brooklyn Collingsworth; 2011 Singing News Fan Awards Horizon Individual and Favorite Young Artist - Courtney Collingsworth; 2012 Dove Award Long Video of the Year
- Southern Gospel Hall of Famers The Perrys plus Legacy Five, the Reggie Sadler Family, the Whisnants, the Triumphant Quartet , Brian Free & Assurance, The Ball Brothers and more. Click here for the performers and dates.
- Singing News Magazine presents 7 gospel groups appearing in the Boatworks Theater. Here's the schedule.
- Southern Gospel Nights – in the 4,000-seat Echo Hollow Amphitheatre each evening at 6:00 pm during the festival, except for September 1 & 2 when it starts at 7:00 pm (seating begins 2 hours before showtime). Bringing top Southern Gospel performers together for big 2-hour nighttime concerts! Click here for the performers & dates.
- Chow down at the picnic feast of Chicken & Fixin's featuring golden fried, apple-glazed and hickory smoked. Mmmmm!
- New! Showboat Branson Belle Southern Gospel Lunch Cruises, August 26-31, 2012
Coming soon! Country Music Weekend – September 8 - 9, 2012
Coming soon! National Harvest Festival – September 13 - October 27, 201